Monday, January 11, 2010

0 channeling coco

Hey guys! I hope that you had a great weekend. We already made it the first week of 2010 and I'm looking forward to the next 51! I'm doing my best to keep my new year golas in mind everyday and make steps to actualize them. I'm happy to say that I have my first art commission of the year in the works, and the client wants a Coco Chanel inspired piece. I love Coco Chanel too, so I was excited to start researching the woman behind the iconic brand. Here are some images I've been using for reference.



My client sent me this rare photo of Coco working in glasses!








And here's the trailer for the movie "Coco for Chanel".




Did anybody see this movie? Seems like she led an incredible life! You have to respect a woman who lives by her own rules. When I was studying at Accademia Italiana in Florence, my textiles instructor barely spoke any English. But whenever he was talking about Coco Chanel and the brand, he'd say "I DIE!" in English, it was so cute! haha


Anyway, stay tuned for the Coco inspired piece! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I love your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails