Wednesday, June 23, 2010

10 entering the brooklyn circus

While I was in NY, I had the opportunity to visit The Brooklyn Circus boutique located at 150 Nevins Street in Brooklyn (of course!) Because I'm a long time fan of the brand, I knew I had to check out the store during my trip. In case you missed it, I blogged about what I love about the BKc here.




The store itself completely lived up to my expectations; well designed, edited & inviting. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and most of all, I got to meet Ouigi, the originator of the Brooklyn Circus brand! Armon took some shots of us conversing even though I was being very camera shy. I have to admit - I was a little bit "star struck" because I've follow the Brooklyn Circus for so long. I tried to play it cool, but in the back of my mind, I couldn't believe I was standing and speaking with someone that I admire so much! Definitely a great feeling. Ouigi speaks with such conviction about Brooklyn, his store, the products and the family they've created there. It really gave me even more motivation to keep pursuing my dream of being self-employed.



Thanks to Ouigi and the entire Brooklyn Circus staff for being so accommodating! If you're in the Brooklyn area, make sure to check them out. And everyone should take some time to check out their online store + read and subscribe to their blog!

Photos by Niki McNeill & Armon Burton

10 comments :

  1. Shari >> Please tell them I sent you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great pic of your two! nothing like meeting someone to refuel your entrepreneurial spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool! PS - Tell Armon that those pics of you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what great pictures of y'all! Good looking clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pic chica! I wanna check this place out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look right at home in that space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea it definitely lived up to expectations! next time i'll take better (sharper) pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant minds think alike. I've been following Ouigi and crew for a minute now. I definitely need to make my way back up to BK and pay them a visit. Dope post. Glad you got to build with them.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails