Tuesday, February 19, 2013

0 the door by ava duvernay

I haven't stopped thinking about this amazing short film by Ava DuVernay since I saw it last week. Featuring Gabrielle Union, it has gorgeous wardrobing, beautiful music & stunning visuals, including the sleek modern home of the lead character (Gabby U) who is struggling with the dissolution of her marriage.


Of course, I was peeking at the beautiful interiors and amazing views.


the door by ava duvernay miu miu women's tales
This infinity pool over looking the hills and the gorgeous lounge furniture pulled me in!

the door by ava duvernay miu miu women's tales
Loved the cabinetry and backsplash in her kitchen... and check out the reflection of her bar and dining area. So sleek!

the door by ava duvernay miu miu women's tales
Comfortable neutrals with a little pop of color on her sofa...

the door by ava duvernay miu miu women's tales
....and lastly this all white bedroom!! I would never be able to live in a space like this, but it is sooo calming!


Besides the interiors, I loved how The Door demonstrates the way that we (women) support each other in times of need. We all have our own way of relating to our friends, and I'm happy to say that I've had so many great friends do "their thing" for me when I need them. Love y'all!

Get a behind the scenes look at this little masterpiece right here. And make sure to like Ava DuVernay on Facebook to find out about her latest projects!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I love your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails