Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2 bridging the GAP.




I was so excited to see Lorna Simpson and her daughter featured in both the print ads and window displays for GAP's holiday advertisements. They are both gorgeous! Being that she is an amazing African American photographer/artist, but not a celebrity, its exceptional for her to be showcased on such a national, mainstream platform. For those who don't know, Lorna uses photography and words to create works that speak volumes about the black female form. Here are a few of my favorite works by her. She has a great series called "kitchen table" that I could not find via google, but if you can, let me know! Its difficult to read the wording in these photos but they are the largest I could find. If you'd like to see more, click here.





take care :)

2 comments :

Tell me what you think! I love your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails