Thursday, January 5, 2012

0 baby it's cold outside

The temperature has dipped below freezing here in Atlanta and one of the things I don't like about living in my tiny studio is NOT having a fireplace. Nothing is better than the crackle and pop of a wood burning fireplace, in my opinion, and I certainly miss it! I actually create a makeshift "fireplace" with candles at the center of my living area at night. It doesn't warm the place in temperature but it definitely makes me FEEL good.


niki mcneill candle fireplace silver tray
My little faux fireplace

While snuggling under my blankets last night I was thinking about what my ideal fireplace would be. I found some great examples of contemporary & transitional styles that I LOVE on Houzz.com.

Abbe Fenimore - Studio Ten 25 contemporary living room
Love the airy feel of this contemporary fireplace!

Lake Home Master Bath mediterranean bathroom
Who wouldn't want a fireplace next to their garden tub?

Fireplace modern living room
My dream house has a two sided fireplace, and the mosaic tiles around this one are so chic.

STonehedge Exteriors contemporary living room
And lastly, I LOVE the chimney design in this modern home. Not sure what the material is surrounding it but it looks like leather...

Hope you're staying warm where ever you are!



all photos via houzz.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I love your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails